Baby & Lactation Clinic
Most of us are parents and have experienced the challenges of parenting firsthand. At Fiveways Surgery, we’re pleased to offer a free baby clinic. Our experienced nurse, Dianne Walsh, is a registered midwife and accredited lactation consultant.
Dianne has over 20 years experience working as a midwife, both in the U.K and in Brisbane. She has always loved working with new parents and providing guidance with the challenges that this journey can bring.
Dianne offers a holistic and empowering approach to your parenting. She understands that you are on a journey to become your baby’s expert and that each family has unique needs. She can provide professional support with feeding whether it is breastfeeding, bottle feeding or a combination of both. She can also work with families on challenges with settling, wind, colic and sleep and assist with any other concerns you may have.
Dianne can provide education, and support in the comfort of your own home, or you can attend a consultation at one of our clinics. It is Dianne’s goal that with an evidence-based approach, parents will feel attuned to their new baby and empowered with new strategies to maximise the enjoyment and fulfillment that parenthood has to offer.
- 1987 Registered Nurse
- 1990 Registered Midwife
- 2011 International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA)
- Lactation Consultants of Australia and New-Zealand
- International Board Certified Lactation Examiners
Bring your baby to our free, fortnightly clinic for:
- Weight and Growth of baby
- General infant development in the first 12 months of life
- General questions on all things “babies”
- Simple feeding, sleeping and settling issues
The reassurance of seeing the same practitioner ensures excellent continuity of care and increased confidence for parents.
Our Lactation Clinic focuses on:
- Effective latch of the breast
- Managing painful nipples/breasts
- Milk supply issues
- Supporting premature breastfeeding infants
- Supporting poor weight gain babies
- Returning to work and continuing to breastfeed management
We also offer Government-funded immunisations at the clinic.
As mums and dads ourselves, we at Fiveways understand the journey of parenthood, and we look forward to helping you and your baby thrive.
Due to the popularity of the clinic, appointment bookings are preferable.
Ample undercover parking with lift access.