KidsCare Children’s Clinic
Parenting is never an easy job but it can be especially challenging if your child has additional developmental, behavioural or psychological challenges.
You don’t have to struggle alone any more, or regularly criss-cross the city to see different specialists.
Our KidsCare program is here to help children (and their families) with complex needs to improve their health, education
and overall wellbeing.
Who can come to KidsCare?
KidsCare is a specialised clinic for children with developmental, behavioural or psychological challenges, including children with:
- Learning and behavioural issues
- Social and communication issues
- Emotional regulation and mental health issues
- Medical, nutritional or other physical issues
- Or, you have concerns your child has ADHD or Autism
Who Runs KidsCare?
KidsCare is run by a multidisciplinary team of skilled professionals, including a:
- GP with a special interest in child health
- Clinical psychologist and parenting coach
- Occupational therapist
- Speech pathologist
We work as a team, sharing our observations and clinical insights so that we build a complete picture of your amazing child and can offer all-round support.
Rather than seeing a number of separate professionals who only work on one aspect of your child’s needs and don’t grasp the bigger picture, our process is unique. Our team approach ensures we’re dealing with the biggest issues first and not overwhelming you and your child with too much all at once.
What are the benefits of KidsCare?
KidsCare has many potential benefits for you and your child.
Your child benefits from:
- Early identification and management of important issues, leading to better health and educational outcomes
- A multidisciplinary team of skilled professionals providing comprehensive, coordinated care
- A single location for most services, meaning they become comfortable in our space and better able to focus on therapy.
You benefit from:
- Ongoing, skilled, compassionate support after what’s often been a lonely and confusing parenting journey
- A multidisciplinary team who all know your child, all talk to each other, and develop a coordinated plan A single location for most services, saving you the hassle of travelling to multiple locations to see individual therapists
- Seeing your child make progress and knowing they’re getting the help they need to improve their health, education and wellbeing.
How does KidsCare work?
One of our experienced allied health professionals meets your child to identify possible clinical, developmental or behavioural issues.
Your child meets with one of our GPs with a special interest in children’s health who identifies any medical issues using a
biopsychosocial and family health approach. This may result in a referral to an external paediatrician or liaison with your own paediatrician if you
already have one.
Getting Your iHealth Plan
Your child receives a personalised iHealth Plan and your family gains access to our Health Coordinator who helps make your appointments and manage your referrals.
Implementing Your iHealth Plan
Your child follows the guidance in their plan and attends appointments as planned with regular reviews built in.
While we aim to provide a single location for your children’s health needs, we occasionally need to refer to external health professionals to complete your child’s treatment team.